"Our car needs servicing very badly" I told Harish...
"OK. So this time you can take it for servicing" Harish replied
"ME??? " I just can't believe what he was saying!!
Earlier, before my marriage,my father used to check the air, petrol levels in my vehicle. Also he used to start the vehicle every morning so as to avoid the morning strating trouble. I was so much pampered by my parents and now he is asking me to take the car for servicing.... gosh!!
I thought of throwing some reason... "But I'm so busy, I don't have time in the whole week"
But he was ready with answer "I know. So you can take it on saturday".
"But even I give it on saturday, I'm not able to collect it on Monday because of my office"
But today he was not in the mood to listen... "Give early morning on saturday and they will give your car back on the same day. So take the appointment accordingly for coming saturday "
All roads were closed for me by then!!!
I called the service centre. Got the appointment for Saturday 9.00AM.
Hearing that time, I asked the service centre guy if he is sure the centre will open at morning 9.00?
That guy was pretty sure... he said it's their everyday job.
I reached there before time at around 8:45AM and noticed there were people like me already waiting for the service engineers.
Right now there was only one man who were greeting the customers, preparing the job cards, giving the estimats.. So all one-man-show :)
But he assured all of us that 3 more service engineers will come in 10 mins. I just roamed around to see the service centre.
It was 9.00AM in my watch and the scene literally changed within 5-10 mins.
There were 3 more service engineers calling people according to the job cards.. My number also came sooner than expected.
We took the test ride in my car, he asked what all problems I'm facing currently, and some general questions like when was the last servicing done, what all things needs to be done in this servicing etc.
Then came the million dollor question "When can I get it back?"
That guy thought for a moment and said "You will get it today at around 6.00 PM. Do call up before coming"
I called them up in the evening. The vehicle was ready. I got almost brand new car :)
Well... I was much relieved... The process was much simpler than I thought it before..
"So from next time you are going to take the car for servicing, right? " Harish asked.
"let's see" I gave politically correct answer this time.